Listen up if you want to clarify your message, connect with customers and grow your business. If you’re looking to up your marketing game, Storybrand is for you.
Here’s why the trailblazing corporate communications framework is a secret weapon in the world of marketing and PR.
What is Storybrand?
Think back to the best book you’ve ever read. Or the most amazing film you’ve ever seen. Funny how the most compelling stories stick with you, isn’t it?
This is the impact that the Storybrand framework will bring to your business.
Storybrand is the brainchild of marketing guru Donald Miller. Broken down into easy-to-follow steps, Storybrand has got one thing in its crosshairs: meeting your customers’ needs.
Everything else – from growing your business and expanding your service offering to sprucing up your branding and increasing audience engagement – is a valuable by-product.
How does Storybrand work?
Storybrand works just like any other story that has stood the test of time:
- We meet your story’s main character (your customer).
- They have a problem (for which they need help to solve).
- They meet a guide (you).
- The guide lays out a plan (for how to fix their issue).
- The plan calls them to action (with simple steps).
- The problem is solved (hurrah!).
- The character has been transformed into a hero (central to their own success).
What does this mean for you?
Step 1: Character
- Who is your customer? What do they want? How does this relate to your brand?
Step 2: Problem
- Is over-communicating blurring your message? Have you clearly defined the problem that your brand solves?
Step 3: Guide
- Are you positioning yourself as the hero or guide? Customers are not looking for a hero. They want someone to show them the route to success. In the end, your customer is the hero of their own story.
Step 4: Plan
- Have you formulated a simple plan that makes it easy for customers to work with you?
Step 5: Action
- Do you have a clear call to action? Humans are wired to respond when challenged, but not so much when left to their own devices.
Step 6: Avoid failure
- Do your customers know what’s at stake if they don’t do business with you?
Step 7: Hero
- Are you showing your customer that mastering their own success is inevitable after working with you? Show them the benefits they’ll reap after turning out victorious.
The key takeaway
The Storybrand journey hinges on clarifying your message. This is what will give you a competitive advantage and unlock the potential of your brand.
WriteMeAnything is a Storybrand-certified PR agency. We’re ready to show you the yellow-brick road to corporate success. Learn more about how the Storybrand framework can work for you – get in touch